Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Putting the nursery together

Ok, so this is LONG overdue, but a sweet little toothless boy has stolen my heart and occupied just about all of my waking hours.  This post was started at the end of January, so without further delay, here is Cameron's nursery.

January:
With only 7 weeks to go, we figured it was about time we start putting the nursery together.  This has been the most exciting part, but it is also the scariest because our lives are about to completely change (in an amazingly wonderful way, but I think it is the whole "fear of the unknown" that has me freaking out a bit).
We picked out our crib and dresser from Babies-R-us after I looked at tons of furniture sets.  We decided to go with white just because I fell in love with The Very Hungry Caterpillar from Pottery Barn and didn't think brown or black would go very well. My dad is building a corner bookshelf and we are going to buy a rocker/glider to put in his room (but once again, I'm having a hard time deciding on one).

Below are some pictures from the crib assembly (Max thought I was crazy for taking these pictures, but I told him we are making memories).

We finally cleaned all the furniture out

all the pieces laid out

he even used the directions (probably because he knew I would be frustrated if the assembly took ALL NIGHT....but he was done in about 30 minutes)

 the animals hung out with us while we Max assembled the crib...Smokey likes to be under the crib


Gizmo checking everything out

almost done


It's finished!!!!


and the cute little night light

This is Cameron's finished nursery (we are only missing one thing)

Here is his organized closet.  Everything arranged by size. We have his pajamas and "play clothes" in the dresser.

My super comfortable rocker/recliner where Cameron, Max, and I read every night and get our last feeding.



This table was painted by a very dear friend and co-worker Kim.  I knew she painted and was artsy, but had no idea she was this talented.  I absolutely love it.  She even put Cameron's name on the shelf on the bottom.  This is a very treasured piece.

His dresser/changing table.  Every drawer is OVERFLOWING!!!

Everything

 I also made the letters and picture frames from tissue paper I received from a gift.  I thought the colors went great and the polka dots kind of match the dots on the caterpillar painting.

My dad is completing a corner cabinet that we are going to put in the 4th corner, and it will hopefully be ready in the next few weeks.  If you know anything about my dad, it is that he procrastinates takes his time, but when he finishes something, it lasts FOREVER!!! Can't wait to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment